At Kung Eye Center, our top priority is protecting the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff.
We have put in place new policies and guidelines to promote social distancing to contain the spread of COVID-19. These steps are critical to protecting the health of our entire community. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Patients are encouraged to wear a mask, scarf, bandana or other facial covering and gloves during their appointment to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
We are taking extra precautions to protect our patients, staff and physicians from the spread of COVID-19.
- All Kung Eye Center staff wear masks, gloves, and plastic face shields for their protection and the protection of our patients.
- Special Ultraviolet light and HEPA air ventilation systems (which helps filter virus particles from the air) are used to help stop or slow the spread of COVID-19.
- All Kung Eye Center staff and patients are checked daily for fever, runny nose, cough or other COVID-19 like symptoms before they are allowed to start their work schedule.
- All patients are required to wear masks when coming to the office. Face covering will be provided for those who do not have a mask.
- All patients have their hands sanitized once they check-in.
- We also have ultraviolet lights to disinfect keyboards, phones, masks, gloves and clothing. All exam areas are wiped down with disinfectant solution between each patient.
- Patients arriving at our office will wait in their car until they are ready to be seen by a Kung Eye Center physician.
- Patients are encouraged to travel alone, unless they require a companion for ambulation, triaged or other special circumstances.
- All patients are triaged by asking about their travel history, fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, diarrhea, etc.
- If patients have symptoms, they are asked to reschedule their appointment for two weeks later.
- Kung Eye Center has custom-made acrylic sneeze guards on each slit lamp, equipment & laser to further protect our patients and Kung Eye Center physicians.
- All rooms are sanitized after each patient. All surfaces at our practice are also sanitized every hour.
If you have an emergency or are a patient that requires ongoing treatment to maintain healthy vision, please contact us immediately to schedule an appointment.
Staten Island Office
East Brunswick Office